Tuesday, May 15, 2007

In a Knit Frenzy

I'm furiously trying to finish Sock Bug's River Rapids Socks in Deep Blue from Lime 'n Violet's old etsy store. Luscious yarn, this ... it fits this pattern so well. Reminds me a lot of home, believe it or not. The colors look a lot like the beaches when I was a teenager & it's a nice feeling, this yarny walk down memory lane. Trying furiously to get these done for the woman who taught me to love knitting socks, Bev Bortner AKA Knitting Guru of my LYS. She's moving clear across the state to Pittsburgh (it might as well be Outer Mongolia **wwaahhh**) and we will miss her terribly. Not only is she a simply amazing knitter, she's a kind warm lady who would give you the socks from her feet. We're having a Bon Voyage type thingy on Thursday night for her. I've finished sock 1 and am beginning the gussets on sock 2 .... I CAN do this. It will mean ...Heaven help me .... not watching American Idol and Deadliest Catch with my undivided attention. However, I do draw the line at LOST...needles on hold tomorrow evening from 10-11 PM ET.

On other news, **MAZEL TOV** to my (blog-less) favorite red head, Sindy Joy, who is the very proud aunt of one Miss Yara Zieser, born last evening. Sindy, forgive me if I've misspelled the little princess' name. I'm all verklempt over a new life. She is a truly a miracle.

No comments: